Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Jaku-kyara Tomozaki-kun
"Ah, to be young." Aren't you like twelve or something? Episode four started where the last one ended. Izumi wants to play that other dude in Attack Family. Erika, the girl with the long messy blonde hair lost a stock. She confessed and got turned down by a dude wearing a pair of stupid pants. Tomozaki is to train Izumi in her room. The interaction up to this point felt a bit clichéd. If you've watched enough anime, you've seen it before. The play and he beats her. Afterwards he launches into a tirade, but I tuned that out. Then he scribbles the character's combos and hit boxes. He could have sent her to a wiki instead of doing that.

The episode gets a little better from there. Hinami gave him tickets so that he can ask Kikuchi-san out on a date. With some new found confidence, he does not do that. Instead he admits to not having read the books from the author that she likes. He also kind of says that he's not going to read her book. Maybe he will, but he kind of leaves it hanging there. That asshole wasn't even sitting at the same table when he was talking to precious Kikuchi-san. I felt so sorry for her. Final part of the episode stars with the insensitive bum getting ambushed to play that shitty game again. Tomozaki hands whats-his-face his arse on a silver platter over and over and over again. This time in front of an audience.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=25]

Erika regained her stock for how she ridiculed that other dude for not letting them go home and proceeding to lose until midnight. I'll be honest, Tomozaki gained some points for not going easy on him. Then he went and lost it by launching into yet another tirade about how Erika is shitty because she mocked someone's earnest efforts to improve. It started when she called Shun's behavior creepy or gross. Then she said that the shitty game was indeed shit. It was at that point he loses his shit and launches into said tirade. When starting he says something to the effect, "Is creepy the only thing you can say?" She shuts him down by calling him creepy. It was fucking A. Seriously though, did he have to come to Shinji's aid? Anyway, S-tier Erika leaves and Tomozaki's outburst is forgotten with the loser telling him that they'll play again.

Bonus points, Hinami didn't piss me off today and she had some cute expressions.

Addendum: On its own, mocking a person's earnest effort to improve themselves isn't cool. However, he made the air uncomfortable by wanting to beat Tomozaki and wanting an audience for it. Sure, the girls could have left, he didn't physically stop them, but he did assert himself. I don't believe Erika ridiculing him was just because he tried and failed. I don't think it would have been a big deal, it's not like he would have lost his standing. But he behaved poorly and to hurt him, Erika took advantage of him losing like a loser.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My pussy's glued to a building on fire...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on Jaku-kyara Tomozaki-kun - by JohnnyCageFan2 - 08-08-2024, 10:24 AM